Maybe the greatest Creamy Tomato Soup With Garlic Toast Croutons in my whole life! Is not the first try, I`ve tested a lot of recipes until now. None of them was like this one. And let me tell you something, this one is very simple. Few ingredients and a lot of love ❤
I used canned tomatoes, because the tomatoes in the market have no taste, yet.
Also, you can include sweet potato for extra creaminess – that means you can reduce the heavy cream you need and your kids will eat an extra veggie ?
Ingredients (4 people)
– 2 x 14oz cans chopped peeled tomatoes
– 32 oz tomato juice
– 15 leaves fresh basil pretty big
– 4 tbsp heavy cream
– 3 tbsp butter
– salt and paper
Garlic Toast Croutons
– 4 slices thick cut bread
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 4 tbsp olive oil
Directions for Creamy Tomato Soup
- Put all the cans chopped tomatoes and the tomatoes juice into a pot. Mix a little and let them boil. When it starts boiling, cover the pot then simmer for 30 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking (cook on low heat)
- Turn off the heat and put the rest of ingredients. Blend the soup using a hand blender. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Take the 4 slices thick cut bread into the toaster. When they are toasted, rub them with the cloves of garlic.
- Put the creamy soup inside a bowl. Now put the garlic toast croutons.
- Take a picture. Share with us!
- Now you can eat! ?