One of the basic recipes of Italian cuisine, Penne Arrabbiata is easy and quick to make, with few and cheap ingredients. No wonder you can even find them at fast-food restaurants, everyone loves them! This is an ideal solution when you are pressured by time and want to do something at home, from scratch.
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- 450 g of pasta
- 430 g tomato sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorns
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- A handful of freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- OPTIONAL: Parmesan shaved over
Instructions for Penne Arrabbiata
The basic recipe is a spicy one, but you can decide the intensity of the spices used.
- Put the pasta to boil.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and the peppercorns and leave it until the garlic is lightly ruddy (2-3 minutes).
- Pour tomato sauce with half a cup of water.
- Mixt it lowers the fire and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta when ready.
- Add the parsley over the sauce and then pour it over the pasta.
- Stir parsley on top, if desired, before serving.